Service Profile of INPA
Development of portage source material and
other learning / training kits.
- Training of Portage Professionals,
Para-professionals and Non-Professionals.
- Formation of Self-Help groups involving
parents, families and community at the grass root level in the
- Providing consultation services to the
parents, Portage professionals, and other NGOs working in
similar or related areas.
- Clearing house for dissemination of
information to Special Education Professionals,
Para-Professionals and Non-Professionals.
- Consolidation of data and promotion of
research projects in Child & Women / Families Welfare.
- Psychological Testing and Educational,
Vocational and Personal guidance and remediation at all levels
- Setting up SPECIAL EDUCATION RESOURCE
CENTRE at Chandigarh for service delivery, training programmes
and other activities.
- Personnel Training of Professionals,
Para-Professionals and Non-Professionals for dealing with
special needs of children through various long / short term
courses, seminars, workshops.
- Helping Zonal Representatives in
establishing state level committees to promote Portage
activities in their respective areas and provide feedback to
- Networking with National and International
Bodies involved in similar or related areas.
- Organizing conferences, workshops, seminars
and need based training programmes.
- Monitoring and evaluating the services
rendered at the state and zonal levels in the country.